Friday, April 1, 2011

Mongolian Stir-Fry

I should call this recipe "Ode to Genghis Grill"! I went to eat there last night, and it was SO GOOD! We don't have anything like that where I live, so I decided I was going to try to make a recipe of my own to eat at home. It was either that, or travel for 2-hours a couple of times a week to get my fix! :) I went to the store today and bought up a ton of Asian sauces and fixings, and started my taste testing! I found the perfect recipe!
I prefer the spicy recipe. I did make a mild recipe with no heat so that I can feed my kids too...And of course so that all of the wimpy people out there won't whine. :)

Sauce for the Spicy folks:
Wimpy sauce for kids and whiners:
Add all of the proteins and veggies of your choice in a wok. You can mix this up however you want. Add whatever you want, or don't add it. It's totally up to you, which makes this an awesome dish!

After you cook all of your meats and veggies all the way through, you can add your pasta. Now you would of course use Udon noodles...but sadly, here in a small town, there are not any to be found, so I used linguine. It got the job done. You could add brown rice or white rice if you would prefer.
Now after this step, I split the mixture into two batches and added the mild sauce to the first batch for the kids and my grandmother. After I finished cooking theirs and putting it into a dish, I put the other half of the mixture into the wok and added the spicy mixture.
Gotta please everyone!
Hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do! I can officially say that I am in LOVE.

Feel free to send me your love letters :)

SAUCE:

Spicy Sauce
  • 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
  • 1 tsp. hoisin sauce
  • 2 tsp. chile-garlic sauce
  • 1 tsp. Mongolian fire oil
Mild Sauce
  • 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
  • 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
  • 1 tsp. hoisin sauce
  • 1 tsp. sesame oil
PROTEIN:
  • 1/2 lb, smoked sausage, sliced
  • 4 chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
  • 8 oz. peeled, deveined shrimp
VEGETABLE:
  • Red bell pepper
  • Green bell pepper
  • scallions
  • cilantro
  • broccoli
STARCH:
  • 1/2 lb linguine noodles

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Boil linguine noodles according to the package directions.
  2. Prepare the sauce of your choice in a small bowl, and set aside.
  3. Cut up all of your protein and vegetables.
  4. In a large skillet or wok, add about 1 tsp. of sesame oil, and then add your proteins and vegetables. Cook until everything is completely done.
  5. Drain your noodles and add them to your wok.
  6. Add your sauce and stir everything together just until sauce is heated through.
  7. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that was fantastic! Added minced garlic 🧄 and ginger to the sauce. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete