Monday, April 25, 2011

30 Days of Shades: Day 23 & Day 24--NAKED PALETTE

I have been MIA for almost a month now, so I figured it was time to post again! I've been trying to relax a little more, say no to extracurricular things, and try to create a less stressful environment for myself...so that's been the focus of this month!

I decided to do a "2 for 1" post using the Urban Decay Naked Palette. (All colors mentioned are from this palette, unless otherwise specified.) These looks are very similar. Both are neutral, with one being a little bit darker than the other.

#1--HUSTLE
This is a slightly darker look than the next one. I used a dark base all over my eyelids to start out with using M.A.C.'s Constructivist cream eyeshadow. Then I layered Hustle from the Naked Palette all over my lid. I used Buck in the crease and Virgin as the highlight. I also lined the lower lashline with Hustle.

#2-TOASTED
I primed my eyelids with M.A.C.'s painterly paint pot, and then I used Toasted all over my eyelid for this look. I used Buck in the lower crease and Naked slightly above that and Virgin for the highlight. I lined the lower lash line with Toasted. I used Darkhorse in the outer V for a little more definition.

(BTW-- I bought this crocheted vest in Canton, and it is my FAVORITE thing to wear right now. I'd wear it everyday if I didn't think that a little inappropriate. My cross necklace is a Halle Joy necklace and the beaded one is from Premier Designs. I get a LOT of people asking where I bought that cross necklace from. I wear it pretty much every day too.. as you can tell from all of my photos.)

You can do a lot of different looks using this one palette, the Urban Decay Naked Palette...and you can get a lot of "bang for your buck" by doing this.:) (Hehe, that's the name of one of the shades in there too.. Buck. By buying this one palette you can eliminate the need to buy tons of different eyeshadows that you aren't going to use that often. I find myself reaching for this every single day. I tried to get my mom to buy one of these palettes and she said, "I'd have to look at your blog to figure out how to use it." So I may just do the last few looks using this one palette so that you guys can get ideas on how to use it in several different ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment