Saturday, January 15, 2011

Black Bean Dip

I made this black bean dip late the other night after pilfering through my cabinets trying to find a snack. I decided that it was definitely blog worthy after eating it! (Which is why there is only this sad corner picture. I had already gobbled up a lot of this dip, and it did not make for a pretty picture!)

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 can (14-oz) Seasoned black beans, drained
  • 3 Tbsp. chopped onion

  • 1/4 C. sour cream

  • 8 slices of jarred jalapenos, diced

  • 3 Tbsp. salsa

  • 1 C. grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese

  • Tony Chachere’s seasoning, to taste

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put your black beans in your baking dish and partially mash with a fork, leaving some whole. Add all of the other ingredients, stirring to combine. Bake for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips!

*Optional: You can add cilantro or green onions for a garnish on this. I had neither of those things, but if I had had them, they would have gone in!

Listen to this while you cook: Weezer's Pork and Beans

1 comment: