Monday, January 17, 2011

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

So here are the cookies that everyone asks for. I cannot take credit for this recipe, it was given to me by a friend, who found the recipe off of the internet somewhere. I have no idea where, but I can vouch for the fact that these are the best cookies ever! As a matter of fact, Chris bought a television from one of his friends and the price was $X, plus these cookies! So, I finally made good on my end of the deal. Chris paid the money for the television, and I baked the cookies for the television. Seems like a fair trade to me anyway! So, if anyone else wants to trade electronics for cookies, let's do it! :)

Here is what you will need:

You can start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees.
Then mix together your sugar, brown sugar, egg, and butter.

Then add your flour, baking soda, and salt and mix. This will be a thick mixture. I would say the texture is about like play-doh.



Now chop up your macadamia nuts and add this to your mixture.


Fold in your white chocolate chips. You don't want to mix this in the mixer because you want your chocolate chips to stay intact.. at least I do!




Take a scoop and place your cookies on your cookie sheet. I line mine with parchment paper for easy clean-up. This also is a large scoop so that I can get a decent sized cookie out of it. I don't like playing around with rinky-dink cookies.
Bake for 9-11 minutes. I bake mine for 9. They will look undercooked, but this is the way they are supposed to be! The texture is perfect if you will trust me. This was a little trick my friend taught me, and I live by this rule when baking cookies.




Now, I prefer the semi-sweet chocolate chips to the white chocolate ones. If you are like me, just omit the macadamia nuts and add the semi-sweet chips instead. This is a basic cookie dough recipe, so feel free to mix it up, change it, and make it your own!
If you want a printable version of this recipe, click the link below.
---










White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies


<p>This is the cookie recipe that changed my life. :)</p>


See White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies on Key Ingredient.


4 comments:

  1. Look @ you...goin' PW style!!! :) I love these kind of cookies...so gooooood! I will definitely have to give this specific recipe a whirl! I made the black bean dip yesterday and David's parents showed up while it was in the oven...his Mom loved it and so did D and I! Keep the recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jealous!
    of your kitchenaid.
    of who ever gets to eat those.

    i was just watching criminal minds.
    what fun we had with the CM/MC combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are delicious! I am actually baking some now for us but mine are a little different...I have to use (excuse the foul language)...margarine! :( I doubt the will be as good, but I testify..the ones in the picture were amazing!!

    ReplyDelete