Thursday, January 26, 2012

Iced Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits


This has to be one of my favorite things to eat in the whole world..and they are SO easy! I have been guilty of going through Whataburger's drive-thru just for some biscuits like these. To put it mildly, I was DEVASTATED when they stopped serving these! The only solution was to come up with a recipe, so here it is!

(By the way, I used buttermilk in my biscuits because I had some in my fridge, leftover from making homemade butter. I needed to use it up, so I added it to this recipe. Regular milk will be just fine in here!)

Iced Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1-1/2 tablespoons light browns sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 stick butter
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup cinnamon chips
DIRECTIONS:
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray. (I actually used two pans)
  • Mix all ingredients well in a bowl.
  • Pat out your mixture on a flat surface, leaving it about 3/4 inch thick.
  • Use a biscuit cutter to cut biscuits.
  • Place biscuits your oven-safe dish.
  • Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
  • Remove from oven and top with icing
(Note: I do not have an exact recipe for the icing. I just mix powdered sugar, vanilla, and a small amount
of milk and whisk it until it looks right! I'd be lying to you if I gave you measurements!
Just know that a little milk goes a LONG way. If I had to guess, I would say, 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla,
1-2 tbsp milk. I should have measured this out while I was making this, but I forgot to!)

No comments:

Post a Comment