Thursday, May 26, 2011

Serrano Cilantro Cream Sauce

Have you guys ever had the chicken tacos from Buffalo Joe's? They are one of my favorite things to eat! And they really couldn't be any simpler: Grilled chicken, cheese, red onion, lettuce, corn tortilla. BUT... they serve them with a sauce called Serrano Cilantro Cream Sauce, and OMG! I want to bathe in that stuff. I seriously can put it on ANYTHING, so I figured I better figure out how to make it! I scoured the internet in search of recipes, but after trying this and that, I still didn't have the recipe... until now.
I think this is pretty close, and I am happy with the results!


Serrano Cilantro Cream Sauce

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 bunch of cilantro
  • 5 small Serrano peppers, seeded
  • 5 garlic cloves
  • 1 cup Mexican Crema.
  • 1 tsp. garlic salt
  • salt & pepper, to taste.
DIRECTIONS:
Put everything in a food processor, blend, and enjoy!

This is so easy! You can put it on tacos, a salad, or even use it as a dip for chips!
(If you can't find Mexican Crema, you can use 1/2 c. sour cream and 1/2 c. heavy cream.)

No comments:

Post a Comment