Sunday, March 13, 2011

How does your garden grow??

I've decided to try my green thumb out again this year. So far, in years past, I've not been much of a gardener. I only got a few scraggly chives to grow last year, but I started with seeds. This year, I bought an actual plant. I will probably kill it quickly too, but we're gonna give it a go anyway.
And just so you know, I am the only person in history who can get injured while potting plants! Seriously! I found the one chip in the pot and cut open my finger. After that, I decided that the gloves that Chris suggested I wear wasn't such a bad idea.

Here was my little helper for the project. She was so possessive over the potting soil that I had a hard time actually getting enough to plant my herbs!

Addison loves being outside. She slowed down just long enough for me to take this photo. I have to catch her on the fly for sure!
MK with our Rosemary.
She saw me with gloves on, and she thought she needed them on instead. :)


And of course, I had to get a picture of Addison in the outfit she picked out to wear outside. Annalise, a.k.a. "That pretty girl", gave her some clothes and shoes, and even though some are still too big (like those boots), she won't wear anything else other than what she gave her.
Ta-Da!! Here is the finished project! I would have like to put some Aqua Globes in there, but my husband THREW THEM IN THE TRASH! Yes, you heard me right. *Sigh*
Rosemary... it smells FABULOUS!
I left the little cards in with the plants. I probably will have to refer back to them time and time again in order to take care of them properly.

This is a plant called a Snow Princess. I have no idea what it is really-- I just thought it would look good in the owl that I bought from Hobby Lobby. I was going to buy an asparagus fern to put in it, because that was what someone suggested to put in it, but when I went to Home Depot, they all looked a little dreary. I couldn't find one that didn't look droopy and sad, so instead, I chose this. Sadly, it makes me think of Dora the Explorer... the Snow Princess episode. What?? I'm a mom, and I figured Addison would love the name, so there ya have it!

4 comments:

  1. I'm planting a garden this year, too. Eventually. I'm in love with those post with the chalkboard on it! Where did you get them??

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW- you're girls are TOO dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually bought them at Wal-mart last year. You never know, maybe they have them again! I haven't looked.

    ReplyDelete