Saturday, January 29, 2011

Pizza and Make-up.. doesn't get much better than this!

Today, on a whim, we decided to pack up and head to Longview to see the in-laws, eat at Pizza King, and shop at Target. We had some gift certificates saved up to go to Pizza King, and for once, Chris was off of work!! If you have never had pizza king, well you have never lived. :) It is FABULOUS pizza, and it is probably one of the oldest family-owned pizza places in Longview--Since 1965. I don't know what they do, or how they make it so yummy, but it is definitely worth a try if you are ever in the area. AND the submarine sandwiches are sinfully delish too. I have tried to make one like it at home, and it just doesn't taste the same. Ahh well, it gives me a reason to visit the area... well, besides the fact that my in-laws live there!
Chris' mom Lola (pronounced Lula) went to eat with us. We stopped by East Mountain and picked her up and took her to Pizza King with us. She also went to Target with us, and in true Grandma Lola style, she spoiled the girls rotten. She bought them each a new princess dress and a bouncy ball. MK got a Princess Dora dress. Here is a picture of her, still wearing it after we got home.

Addison picked out a Little Mermaid dress. She LOVES dress-up clothes. She is such a girly-girl. She got mad at me the other day when I went into the "make-up" store and didn't get her anything. I usually let her have some chapstick and some light eyeshadow, and she thinks she is getting really dolled up. :) However, she came by her girly-girl ways and love of make-up honestly. It runs in the family. (Nice segue, huh??) All I can say is that when these girls get to be teenagers, Chris is in trouble. I have a feeling there will be 3 women living in this house who love to buy make-up.
Now, take a look at this NARS blush/bronzer duo. Isn't it beautiful?? It is priced at $37-39! If it is a product you would wear everyday, I say buy it. I love NARS.
However, if you don't want to spend that much money, there is a great alternative that I found.. for $3.00!! Seriously people. This is AMAZING. Such a good deal, such a steal! It is the ELF brand blush/bronzer duo. Check out the picture. The colors are very very similar. Similar enough for me to save my $32 dollars and spend it on something else! The case and everything looks the same, including the large mirror in the compact.

Here is what I bought at Target. I bought the Sonia Kashuk pressed powder for $8.97. I used it today while I was in Longview, and so far, I give it two thumbs up! It actually came in a shade that matches my skin. This is RARE people. Most make-up lines do not make products for porcelain skin. They think everyone is "Light". Uh..not so. Almost everything I buy in the powder/foundation area has a weird yellow/orange undertone to it. It looks light enough in the package, but then I get it home, and I look like a fake tanner. Ridiculous. But THIS product matches me perfectly. One time I was sent away from the Clinic counter because the make-up girls simply did not have a shade of foundation to match my skin..and that was including all types of foundation: powder, liquid, cream. I am just too pale. (And no, I do not plan on tanning. That is just skin cancer waiting to happen. Plus, I don't want to look like a saddle bag when I am 40.)
I bought the blush/bronzer duo, the Sonia Kashuk powder, vanity Q-Tips, and some Valentine's baking sprinkles. I know these are not a make-up product, but I am really excited that it only cost $2.50 for the whole package! I am going to be playing with those! :)
Anyway, I bought 2 of the ELF studio brushes, one blush brush that I will use for contouring, and one eyeshadow shader brush. These are also $3.00 each. The M.A.C. make-up brushes, which I love, are about $20+ each, so I figured I would give these a try. I did NOT like the white handled ELF brushes because the handles were too easy to detach from the brush part. These seemed sturdier, and the bristles seemed soft and felt really nice. (Yes, I opened the packages in store. Devilish.. :))

I thought I had some fun finds and great product dupes. ;) It was a good day, but I am glad to be back home and ready to soak in a hot bathtub with my Senorita Margarita bubble-bath, now that the kids are in bed!
It'll be fun playing in the make-up tomorrow morning, as always!

1 comment:

  1. I usually grab the e.l.f. products at Target anytime I walk by. I found some great eyeshadow combos for Christmas and brushes on sale for a buck, can't beat it! Your girls are so precious and I can't wait until Ava starts playing dress up.

    ReplyDelete