Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mood Boosters!

It's a known fact that I LOVE make-up. And I mean L.O.V.E., LOVE. ;) I have always liked anything that has to do with beautifying; makeup, hair, nails, etc. Which is why I became a Cosmetologist (Which is a hairdresser, for those of you who don't know that. Believe it or not, I have been asked that question several times.).
So, I have tried TONS of different make-up. I can tell you what works, and what doesn't. There are definite finds and definite duds.

I came across the Physician's Formula Glow & Mood Boosting make-up the other day at Wal-Mart. It definitely peaked my interest! I didn't buy it the first time I saw it though, because I knew that I could get a better price on it if I found a coupon, which I did! It turns out that I had some CVS Extra Bucks to spend and when I went into the store, both of these items had a Manufacturer's Coupon of $3.00 off attached to them! This has already boosted my mood, I can tell you that much!

Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder claims:
($13.95)

  • Evens out skin tone.
  • Pink heart gives the cheeks a pop of color.
  • Infused with Happy Boost blend, featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress.
  • The sweet scent of Violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply.

Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush claims:
($11.95)

  • Ultra-soft and bendable blushing powder features a fresh and vibrant mix of blushing tones infused with a pop of color to create a healthy glow.
  • Multi-reflective pearls provide a soft iridescence to highlight contour and add radiance to cheeks.
  • Infused with Happy Boost blend, featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress.
  • The sweet scent of Violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply.

Overall, I can say that I really like these products! They both smell amazing, and the packaging is too cute. It is perfect to put in your purse for quick touch-ups. The compacts both have brushes that go along with them, and a mirror attached. (I hate make-up with no mirrors! Mirrors are a must when you are putting them in your "To-Go" make-up bag, because you won't always be around a place with a mirror.)

The blush is a pretty rose color and looks nice when you put it on. I also like the powder, just ofr a pretty highlight. So, I am happy with the performance of these products.

Now, did this product boost my mood?? Well, I have to say, YES! However, I am always happy when i am putting on make-up. I don't necessarily think it is from the scent, although the scent is a nice plus. So, I can't technically vouch for the fact that it is the scent that is making me happy...but this product does! :) I mean, who can resist the little hearts?? Adorable. And right in time for Valentine's. If I were buying my own Valentine gift, these would be perfect.

Would I buy this again?? YES.

Now, onto the nail polishes! Aren't these colors awesome?? :) Bright colors boost my mood too. I just had to post a pic, cause I love them. Maybe I will wear a different color on each finger, since I can't decide which one to pick! (Okay, maybe not. Just kidding.) I am really, really loving the dark purple color. It's called Starry Night.
These are $3.00 from http://www.qnail.com/ which is a good price for nail polish.

Colors from left to right; Erin Island, Green Apple, Sunshine Orange, Starry Night, Lemon Spritz, Lucy Diamond, Lavender Bouquet, News of the Beloved, and Purple Passion.


They sent Purple Passion as a free gift with this little sticker on top. Too cute. I love free stuff. :) And it's cool that they took into account that I picked quite a few purples..and chose a cool purple shade as my free gift.
I can't wait to try these out. They are much cheaper than going and getting a Manicure and Pedicure done at a nail salon. Just do it yourself every now and then. (Don't get me wrong, manicures and pedicures have their place in my life for sure, but I can't go get one every few weeks. So having your own polish is a nice alternative when you are low on dough.)

Anyway, just thought I would post a couple of the things that I am loving right now. I could add more.. but I will resist... for now.
Now, go make yourself up! That's a mood booster in itself.
Ciao!
** After trying these polishes, I found out that they chip easily. I love the colors though, so I don't mind applying this more than once. Just be sure to use a good base coat and top coat!

1 comment:

  1. I found you! I'm going to have to keep up with your make-up tips, because I am not a make-up girl and mostly don't know what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete