Friday, October 28, 2011

It's all about the Oven!

Not many things in the kitchen surprise me anymore, but I had NO IDEA you could make tons of grilled cheese sandwiches all at once...in the oven! Who knew? It seems like such a simple idea, yet I never thought of it. Trust me, I have wasted PLENTY of time standing over a skillet, making one grilled cheese after another, only to find that by the time they are all done, the first one is cold!
I went to my mom's house last night, and she made them in the oven..all at once. She works at an school, and learned this trick from the lunch ladies. (And I believe the lunch ladies have all of the answers!! :))
Here is how you do it:
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
2. Assemble your grilled cheese sandwiches like you normally would, buttering the sides of the bread facing the outside. (Mom used one and a half slices of American Cheese in hers, and they were perfect.)
3. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for about 6 minutes.
4. Take them out and flip them over and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes, until they are done.

Now, you didn't stand over a stove for forever, and all of the sandwiches are ready to serve at once, and noone has to get stuck with the cold one! A revolution in sandwich making! :) So simple.

I also wanted to share a new Christmas gift idea--Personalized Casserole Dishes! :) I can make these with pretty much any design and any name. Aren't they cute?? Thank you Pinterest! (I am totally addicted to that website, but who isn't???) I am charging $30 for a 9x13, and $25 for a 9x9. (Including covers). I will ship for an additional $7.
Front
Back
These are oven safe and permanently etched! So you don't have to worry about any designs rubbing off with oven use, etc. Now you can take those dishes to your potluck, and KNOW you will get your dish back!
To order: Go to my Etsy store http://www.etsy.com/listing/84867209/glass-etched-casserole-dish or you can send me a message at amber_barber@suddenlink.net

**AMBER**

2 comments:

  1. Too darn smart! Never would have thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may give that a try. I cook for 100 plus kids every Wednesday night. I usually am flipping the Sammie's on griddles and then keeping them warm in roasters.

    ReplyDelete