Monday, July 11, 2011

Diablo Cookies

I have discovered a new love...Cooking Channel TV! I just recently had oral surgery, so I had a lot of time to hang out and watch television. Of course, I felt the need to torture myself with food that I couldn't eat. One of my new favorite shows is called Eat Street.
It featured a food truck called TacoFino, and they made these cookies called Diablo cookies.

These cookies are a brownie-type cookie with a crisp exterior, and a fudgy interior. They have the combination of chocolate and cayenne pepper which makes them interesting, and a sprinkling of sea salt.. which cannot be left out! The salt really brings out the chocolaty goodness!

My kids ate them up surprisingly! Addison said, "YUM mom, these are good, but spicy.. can I have another one??" She's 3, so if she can handle it, so can you! Go ahead, I know you've been feeling devilish!:)

Diablo Cookies

PRINTABLE RECIPE




INGREDIENTS:

•1 cup brown sugar
•1 cup white sugar
•3/4 cup vegetable oil
•2 eggs
•1/2 tsp. ground ginger
•1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
•1-1/2 cups of flour
•1 cup of dark chocolate cocoa powder
•1 tsp. baking soda
•1 tsp. cinnamon
•1 tsp. cayenne pepper
•1 cup chocolate chips
•white sugar
•sea salt




DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the brown sugar, white sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, ginger, and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together your dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and
cayenne pepper.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated. This mixture will be a brownie-type mixture and very thick.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Form dough into balls and flatten onto a baking stone or a greased cookie sheet
7. Sprinkle with white sugar and sea salt.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies start to have a cracked appearance. You want the middle to remain fudgy.
9. Move to a cooling rack.
10. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment